LECTOR - License Agreement
Each client who orders LECTOR is bound by agreement to the following conditions:
1. LECTOR must NOT be copied and given to third parties. The author retain all copyright to LECTOR. You are only granted to make a backup copy for your own use and to load the program(s) into your computer's memory.
2. The author guarantees for a duration of 90 days after purchase that LECTOR works essentially as described in the manual. The purchase of LECTOR includes an update service (free of charge) for the duration of 3 months after purchasing (school/institute license: 9 months, site license: 15 months). Within this period any available update of LECTOR will be delivered free of charge.
3. You agree not to hold the author of LECTOR liable for any damages to your computer system resulting from the use of or inability to use this software. The author specifically disclaim all warranties, expressed or limited, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the author be liable for any loss of profit or data or any other commercial damage, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages.
4. Despite having made every effort to prevent/correct mistakes during the development and test of this software product, the author disclaim all warranties of rightness and completeness of search results, concordances and locations. If you should discover any error or incorrectness, please contact us, so that we can remedy the problem as soon as possible.
5. It is prohibited to modify LECTOR in any way; this includes decompiling and disassembling the program.
6. The user of LECTOR has to ensure that the copyright to the used texts is not infringed. Should individual functions of the program(s) not be permissible because of the editorial rights to the texts, the user must not use this function. The author does not take responsability for this!
7. Should individual parts of this license agreement become (totally or partially) legally ineffective, the remaining conditions stay valid.
8. License types:
- EVALUATION PERIOD: LECTOR can be evaluated for 30 days after installation. After this period of time you have to put in a valid registration key to work with LECTOR. It is strongly prohibited to circumvent or disable the registration key protection in any way.
- STUDENT LICENSE: The purchase of LECTOR for didactical use only (student license) authorizes you to install and work with LECTOR on one computer only. The program(s) may not be passed on or be available for access by a third party.
- PRIVATE LICENSE: The purchase of LECTOR for private use only (private license) authorizes you to install and work with LECTOR on one computer only. The program(s) may not be passed on or be available for access by a third party.
- SCHOOL LICENSE: purchase of LECTOR for didactical use only (school license) authorizes you to install and work with LECTOR on up to five Computer at the same time. The license is strongly limited to didactical use. It is not allowed to publish the research results. The LECTOR school license cannot be purchased by University institutes.
- INSTITUTE LICENSE: The purchase of LECTOR for non-private use (institute license) authorizes you to install and work with LECTOR on up to five Computer at the same time. The program(s) may be used by every employee of the institute, assuming these computers are the institute's property.
- SITE LICENSE: The purchase of a site license of LECTOR authorizes you to install and work with LECTOR on as many workstations as you want in the same University and to make it available on an University wide network.
- RESEARCH SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION: The research service will help you in your research work. You can ask up to 15 / 60 researches a year (standard / professional) with a total amount of 10 / 40 MB of research results. Single or additional research requests are possible and will be charged according to our price list. You need to be a subscriber of the PHI and/or TLG CD-ROM (the research will be effectuated only for the CD-ROMs you are licensed to). You don't need to be a licensee of LECTOR. The research results will be delivered in RTF, HTML or WordPerfect format. The Megabyte prices are refered to the non-compressed result files.
LECTOR Copyright (C) 1993-2009 Robert Maier,
All rights reserved. Robert Maier, Katharina Geisler-Strasse 16,
D-85356 Freising, Germany, tel.: +49-8161-872007, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org